Work for SAFE!
SAFE is currently recruiting for a Senior Communications and Marketing Manager.
See below for details!
Are you passionate about making a difference for animals? If you have the flair and experience to deliver marketing campaigns that change lives, SAFE (Save Animals From Exploitation) requires your talent.
SAFE is New Zealand's leading animal advocacy organisation. With the support of tens of thousands of caring Kiwis and a group of dedicated staff, SAFE makes significant improvements to the lives of animals by raising awareness, challenging cruel practices, changing attitudes and fostering compassion so that they are no longer exploited or abused by humans.
You will help build our reputation to win hearts and minds as you safeguard our brand and drive the delivery of engaging communications. Closely partnering with the PR Manager, Campaigns, Education and Supporter Engagement colleagues, designers, printers and media organisations, you will manage communication material that raises our profile significantly. Organising events, supporting press activity and improving internal communications are also central to success.
Your creativity should speak for itself, and you’ll be a great strategist, inspiring copywriter, meticulous proofreader and capable manager. You’ll be experienced in delivering campaigns via direct mail, the web (including SEO), email and social media, and familiar with the charity sector. But above all, you’ll be as passionate about changing animal lives as we are.
We are looking for someone with great people skills who can strengthen our Communications team in our Auckland or Wellington office.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, this is a two-year fixed contract (35-40 hours a week).
You will definitely have:
- A passion for our purpose: to work towards a world where animals are understood and respected in such a way that they are no longer exploited, abused or made to suffer.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to manage your time and prioritise your work.
- Attention to detail.
And we'd also like to see:
- Broad experience in working with staff to build business-enhancing communications plans, managing crises and issues and driving positioning.
- Experience building pro-active and creative communications plans and programmes across audiences, aiming for and achieving impact.
- Digital communication skills, including demonstrated knowledge of User Experience and Interface (UX and UI) strategies.
- Experience managing diverse teams and building team capability through various roles.
You will be:
- And have knowledge and a genuine interest in animal welfare and rights.
We are able to offer a fabulous office with a great team around you, professional development, and the chance to make a real difference for animals every single day.
Please see the full Job Description and Person Specification.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm New Zealand time on 27th March 2017. We look forward to hearing from you.
Agencies need not contact us; we prefer to hear from candidates directly.