SAFE are currently seeking three key roles:
- Lead a well-established, professional, national not-for-profit organisation
- Raise awareness and understanding of animal welfare and rights
- Align your passion with your career
SAFE is New Zealand's leading national animal rights and animal advocacy organisation and undertakes a diverse range of activities to support its objectives.
We are seeking a people leader who is passionate about animal rights and welfare to join and lead the team at SAFE. SAFE aims to promote the rights and welfare of all animals within New Zealand in order to create positive changes in the way animals are acknowledged by the general population, industry and the government.
The CEO role is pivotal to the implementation of the SAFE’s strategic objectives and the delivery of key SAFE initiatives. Supported by a highly motivated and effective team of staff and volunteers, you will be a committed vegan who is driven to make a difference and who enjoys diversity and challenge in their work.
You will be a strong leader, able to build a build and lead a high-performance team. You will ensure that SAFE’s strategic plan, campaigns, policies, events, promotional activities, education programmes and external communications, including media profile, are aligned with SAFE’s goals. Additionally, you will be responsible for staff and financial performance, and ensuring appropriate organisation risk mitigation is carried out.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Knowledge and genuine commitment to animal welfare and rights;
- Demonstrated commitment to the goals and objectives of SAFE;
- Proven financial management and reporting skills;
- The ability to communicate clearly and compellingly;
- Fund raising ability to support the organisation's work;
- Political astuteness and ability to engage at all levels;
- Experience in reporting to a Board of Directors;
- Experience leading and managing an organisation;
- Depth of experience in animal rights advocacy;
- Experience dealing with media and being the public face of an organisation;
- Ability to develop and implement strategy; and
- Ability to create, inspire and empower a high-performance team.
If you can demonstrate these skills and attributes, this may be the remarkable opportunity you are looking for. SAFE offers you an interesting and rewarding opportunity to contribute to animal rights and welfare in New Zealand.
For a full job description and to apply for position please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a campaigner with knowledge of the political process who's passionate about making a difference for animals? Want to be able to be part of making that difference? If so, come join us!
SAFE (Save Animals From Exploitation) is New Zealand's leading animal advocacy organisation. We make significant improvements to the lives of animals by raising awareness, challenging cruel practices, changing attitudes and fostering compassion so that they are no longer exploited or abused by humans.
We are looking for someone to play a key role within SAFE’s Campaigns Team. The purpose of the role is to advance our campaigns objectives via advocacy and strengthen our parliamentary relationships. We need someone strategising and implementing campaigns with a focus on policy; advising on opportunities for political change; and developing a broad range of written communications for supporters on key campaign and lobbying opportunities.
You will definitely have:
- A passion for our purpose: to work towards a world where animals are understood and respected in such a way that they are no longer exploited, abused or made to suffer;
- Knowledge — you know how important facts and accuracy are to effective advocacy, both in terms of animal welfare and policy. Your attention to detail means that you take the time to research and fully understand your topic. Being patient and organised enables you to gather and present clear and precise information; and
- Great communication and networking skills- your written and face-to-face communication skills are outstanding. You’re professional and engaging face-to-face with politicians, the media and supporters alike. You have the ability to maintain a friendly and approachable manner with people of all backgrounds and personalities and develop and maintain strong relationships even under pressure. You connect supporters to the content by understanding your audience and communicating information in a way that is clear and persuasive, while being compassionate, inspiring and empowering. Innovative and creative — you like to generate ideas and try new ways to engage your audience.
It would be great if:
- You have a tertiary qualification in relevant discipline such as politics, communications or journalism.
You will be:
- vegan; and
- have knowledge of and a genuine interest in animal welfare and rights.
If you join the team at SAFE, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from the most experienced and influential animal advocates in New Zealand. You will wake up each day knowing that you are part of a passionate team dedicated to making a real difference.
This is a permanent position (40 hours a week) based in our Wellington office.
If you want to be part of our work in 2018 and beyond, then please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm New Zealand time on 8 May 2018.
You can request a copy of the full job description from firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
Are you passionate about making a difference for animals? Do you have the flair and experience to deliver marketing campaigns and communications that change lives? If you want to be part of shaping the future for the better, then come join us!
SAFE is New Zealand's leading animal advocacy organisation. With the support of tens of thousands of caring Kiwis and a group of dedicated staff, SAFE makes significant improvements to the lives of animals by raising awareness, challenging cruel practices, changing attitudes and fostering compassion so that they are no longer exploited or abused by humans.
You will help build our reputation as you safeguard our brand and drive the delivery of engaging communications. Closely partnering with Campaigns, Education and Supporter Engagement colleagues, designers, printers and media organisations, you will develop communication material that raises our profile significantly. Developing and implementing our annual integrated communication strategy and articulating and leading a transformational vision for the use of digital technologies will be key to your and our success.
Your creativity should speak for itself, and you'll be a great strategist, inspiring copywriter, meticulous proofreader and capable manager. But above all, you'll be as passionate about changing animal lives as we are.
Reporting to the CEO, this is a permanent position based in our Wellington office.
You will definitely have:
- a passion for our purpose: to work towards a world where animals are understood and respected in such a way that they are no longer exploited, abused or made to suffer.
And we'd also like to see:
- broad experience in working with staff to build business-enhancing, creative communications plans, managing crises and issues and driving positioning;
- the ability to brief and work in partnership with creative agencies and suppliers to produce effective communications campaigns and products;
- a tertiary qualification or professionally recognised qualification suitable to the role;
- digital communication skills, including demonstrated knowledge of UX strategies; and
- experience managing diverse teams and building team capability.
You will be:
- vegan and;
- have knowledge and a genuine interest in animal welfare and rights.
If you join the team at SAFE, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from the most experienced and influential animal advocates in New Zealand. You will wake up each day knowing that you are part of a passionate team dedicated to making a real difference. We are able to offer a fabulous office with a great team around you, professional development, and flexibility with your working hours.
We look forward to hearing from you.