We're looking an awesome person to join our team at SAFE!
Position: Campaigns Officer
Are you a campaigner with knowledge of the political process who's passionate about making a difference for animals? Want to be able to be part of making that difference? If so, come join us!
SAFE (Save Animals From Exploitation) is New Zealand's leading animal advocacy organisation. We make significant improvements to the lives of animals by raising awareness, challenging cruel practices, changing attitudes and fostering compassion so that they are no longer exploited or abused by humans.
We are looking for someone who can work with our Campaign Director and Policy Advisor to develop and implement tactics for our local and national legislative campaign strategies and together with your colleagues build professional relationships with MP's, to work with them on improving animal welfare policies.
You will definitely have:
- a passion for our purpose: to work towards a world where animals are understood and respected in such a way that they are no longer exploited, abused or made to suffer.
And we'd also like to see you have:
- a detailed knowledge of the NZ political system;
- experience and a track record of success in coordinating and managing campaigns, ideally with a political focus;
- high level strategic and organisational skills; and
- advanced computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and in social media communications.
It would be great if:
- you have a tertiary qualification in relevant discipline such as politics, communications or journalism.
You will be:
- vegan; and
- have knowledge of and a genuine interest in animal welfare and rights.
If you join the team at SAFE, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from the most experienced and influential animal advocates in New Zealand. You will wake up each day knowing that you are part of a passionate team dedicated to making a real difference.
This is a permanent position (40 hours a week) ideally based in our Wellington office, but our Auckland or Christchurch offices could also be an option for the right person.
If you want to be part of our work in 2018 and beyond, then please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm New Zealand time on 28 February 2017.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Agencies need not contact us; we prefer to hear from candidates directly.