Why we - and they - need your help
Throughout New Zealand animals are suffering:
- Sows are forced to give birth in crates so small they cannot even turn around or mother their young properly.
- Battery hens are imprisoned for life in tiny, overcrowded cages. Each bird has less space than an A4 sheet of paper.
- Laboratory animals are subjected to painful experiments. New legislation may even see party pills tested on beagles.
SAFE has been working to make positive changes for animals in New Zealand for over 80 years. We are one of the most respected animal advocacy organisations because we have made a real difference to the lives of both animals and people.
SAFE undertakes education, research and lobbying for the benefit of all animals. We are dependent on the goodwill and generosity of people like you, and we need your help to continue our essential work.
By gifting to SAFE, you can help us achieve so much more for animals.
Achievements of SAFE include:
- Internationally acclaimed education resources provided free to every secondary school.
- An end to the use of exotic animals in circuse.
- Auckland Council ban on rodeos.
- Ban on sow stalls used to confine pregnant pigs to take effect from 2016.
- A consumer move away from battery eggs.
Why you need to make a will
Making a will lets you take care of those you love after you have gone.A will is the only way to ensure that you are in control of what will happen to your possessions. Your will lets you minimise stress, delay, uncertainty and possible financial hardship for your loved ones at a time of great sadness for them. If the animals are amongst those you love and care for, by including SAFE in your will you can make a real difference to their lives long into the future.
How to make or change your will – it is easy!
We recommend you visit a solicitor or a trustee company to help with your will. They can make sure your assets go to who you want, how you want.
The following suggested text is useful to take to the person helping with your will as a way of ensuring SAFE can assist animals in distress. Please click here.(pdf)
Let us know!
Telling us when you have arranged a bequest for SAFE will enable us to us to thank you personally, although we understand if you prefer to remain anonymous. We would also like to recognise your gift by providing you with a lifetime membership of SAFE, which includes receipt of regular updates of our work and the right to stand, and vote, in the election of the SAFE Board.Thank you for considering SAFE in your will. Your generosity will be kept strictly confidential.
To enable us to use your bequest for a specific issue that is important to you, we would be happy to discuss this further or answer any questions. Please contact SAFE Managing Director Debra Ashton 04 802 4460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
(Statesman and philosopher)