Thanks to the help of people like you, SAFE has achieved many successes for animals.
Recent examples include:
- Securing a ban on the cruel sow stalls used to confine pregnant pigs.
- Providing world-class educational resources to every New Zealand secondary school, encouraging students to think critically about our relationship with animals and cultivate ethical values.
- Exposing the cruelty in the New Zealand dairy industry.
- Securing a ban on the use of animals for cosmetics testing within New Zealand.
- Working with the SPCA and Farmwatch to call for an end to rodeo cruelty and successfully pressurising companies such as MediaWorks to end their support of rodeo events.
- Pressurising the Minister for Primary Industries into re-confirming the government’s commitment to a ban on live export for slaughter.