Live pig delivery market exposedMarch 9th, 2022
Live pigs delivered to your door. That’s what some businesses are offering in the Auckland and Waikato regions. The advice these businesses are giving to kill these pigs is illegal though, and bears an airy resemblance to a British TV ad that many considered was ‘vegan propaganda’.
And the equestrian industry has been caught up in more PR disasters, and one such situation involved one of Aotearoa’s most famous horse riders.
- Ministry for Primary Industries investigating multiple live pig selling businesses over animal cruelty claims – Newshub, 5 March 2020.
- ‘Showing a pig with a meat cleaver is disgusting’: Backlash at ‘controversial’ vegan TV advert in which couple receive a live pig and the weapon to kill it as a takeaway order – Daily Mail, 21 February 2022.
- Farmers slam UK’s new trade deal with New Zealand – Daily Mail, 1 March 2022.
- New Zealand trade deal critical to set welfare red line – RSPCA, 3 September 2021.
- Equestrian Sports NZ expresses disappointment at social media video of Sir Mark Todd’s horse abuse – Newshub, 13 February 2022.
- MPI among those investigating horse rider’s actions – Otago Daily Times, 1 March 2022.
- Chinese SOE pushes NZ for U-turn on live export ban – Newsroom, 11 February 2022.
- Chinese companies lobby New Zealand to continue with live cattle exports – Stuff, 16 February 2022.