Political shenanigans over the bill to ban live exportMay 11th, 2022
Greyhound racing is facing a new scandal, following revelations made by Newshub that indicate potential neglect and mistreatment at a kennel belonging to one of the industry’s most prolific trainers.
The ban on live export faced a small bump in the road recently, but it looks like it will still become law in due course.
And the Government is proposing a ban on farrowing crates, following a successful court case back in 2020, bought by the New Zealand Animal Law Association and SAFE.
Make a submission on the new code of welfare for pigs and demand a ban on farrowing crates.
- Racing regulator inquires into condition of dogs owned by John McInerney, NZ’s most prolific greyhound trainer – Newshub, 4 May 2022
- Racing regulator issued up to 300 warnings to greyhound trainers over health and welfare failures in under a year – Newshub, 5 May 2022
- Ban on live exports deadlocked at select committee, but likely to pass – NZ Herald, 19 April 2022
- Morning Rural News for 2 May 2022 – RNZ
- NZ Pork: draft welfare code could be lethal for piglets, industry – NBR, 1 May 2022