Carrot and Cashew Nut Roast
A Christmas classic! Serve with roast vegetables and vegan gravy.
Fry the onion and garlic in the oil until soft. Mix with all the other ingredients and season to taste. Place the mixture in a greased standard loaf tin (900g). Cover with foil and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Leave to stand in baking tin for at least 10 minutes before turning out.
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 450g carrots, cooked and mashed
- 65ml of stock from cooked carrots
- 225g cashews, ground
- 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp light tahini
- 1½ tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp nutritional (yeast) extract or Marmite
- Juice of half a lemon