Human education is values-based education that explores, considers and develops our knowledge and responsibilities with regards to social justice, guardianship (kaitiakitanga), environmental issues, and animal care and protection.
The key concepts are:
- Sensitivity towards all life, appreciation of diversity and tolerance of difference.
- Compassion and respect for all.
- A sense of responsibility and a duty of care for our surroundings, other animals and the natural world.
- A positive attitude, with a focus on solutions, innovation and critical thinking skills.
- Making responsible decisions and taking affirmative action.