Raw Pomegranate, Raspberry Cashew Cake
To make the crust, grind the nuts and seeds in a blender or a food processor for about a minute. Add dates, coconut oil and sea salt and run the processor until it all comes together. Flatten it out on the bottom of an 20cm non-stick spring form. Store in the fridge while you make the filling. Clean blender or food processor well.
To make the filling, heat the coconut oil and syrup in a small saucepan on low heat. Whisk to combine. Place soaked cashews, lemon juice and zest, vanilla, coconut oil and rosehip powder in blender and wiz on high until very smooth. Pour the filling over the crust and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until set. Clean blender or food processor well.
To make the topping, place pomegranate seeds, raspberries and lime juice in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour the topping on top of the cashew filling, place the cake back in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
Remove the cake from freezer 30 minutes before serving. Decorate the cake with fresh flowers. Run a smooth, sharp knife under hot water and cut into slices.
- 1 1/2 C almonds
- 1/2 Csunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 12 fresh dates (medjool), pitted
- 2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ C raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours or longer
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1/3 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 C agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp rosehip powder, optional
- Seeds of 2 medium pomegranates
- 1/3 C raspberries
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Organic & edible fresh flowers (such as viola-type flowers, calendula, roses, carnations, lavender, cornflowers, pea flowers, chamomile and many others)
The latest Recipes
News and Stories,
to your inbox.
Sign up to our newsletter