NZ officials at IPCC summit, shockingly, missed the pointApril 12th, 2022
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has released its latest report, and it’s not great. We have a lot to do. But New Zealand officials successfully lobbied against the use of plant-based terminology, which begs the question, did our officials miss the point?
And greyhound racing is working harder than ever to improve their public appearance, to such an extent that they’re excluding New Zealand’s leading animal welfare agency from their animal welfare committee.
- Climate change: IPCC scientists say it’s ‘now or never’ to limit warming – RNZ, 5 April 2022
- Climate change: IPCC scientist warns world ‘pretty much out of time’ to limit warming – RNZ, 5 April 2022
- IPCC report: Climate campaigner urges voters to push government and companies to act – RNZ, 6 April 2022
- Groundswell refuses to meet prime minister alongside other groups, as ructions surface inside agriculture faction – Stuff, 30 March 2022
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern gives up on Groundswell talks after they refuse to meet with other groups present – Newshub, 1 April 2022
- NZ scrubbed ‘plant-based’ diets from climate report – Newsroom, 9 April 2022
- Greyhound industry criticised after dog euthanised – Stuff, 22 March 2022
- SPCA gone from greyhound racing welfare committee as deaths in industry continue – Stuff, 25 March 2022