Banana blossom banh mi
Recipe courtesy of @edenvegan
1. Heat a fry pan on the stove with a dash of olive oil.
2. Drain the canned banana blossom.
3. Fry on a medium heat, adding in the soy sauce, maple, ACV and spices. Toss for a few minutes making sure to coat each piece. You can ‘mash’ it up as you fry to get smaller, crispier peices.
4. Thinly slice carrot and cucumber and roughly chop 1/2 cup of fresh coriander.
5. Once the banana blossom has absorbed the sauce and started to turn golden/crispy, set aside while you prepare the Banh Mí.
6. Prepare the baguette by slicing into sandwich sized pieces. Spread vegan mayo on the base and stack with the fresh fillings and pickled cabbage.
7. Garnish with a handful of coriander, chilli and a sprinkle of cracked pepper.
1 can Natures Charm banana blossom
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp each of Paprika , Cumin, Coriander powder
Vegan Bagette (ask at your local supermarket bakery for confirmation of ingredients if it’s not labelled)
Vegan Mayo (or natural coconut yoghurt)
Pickled red cabbage
The latest Recipes
News and Stories,
to your inbox.
Sign up to our newsletter