BBQ Jackfruit Tacos
Break apart the chunks of jackfruit into shredded pieces using two forks.
Heat oil in a saucepan before adding the onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Cook until onion is translucent.
Add the shredded jackfruit, BBQ sauce, spices, and salt to the pan. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring to mix through the sauce and spices, until the jackfruit is browned and crisp around the edges. Sprinkle in the orange zest.
Whip together the creamy sriracha sauce.
Assemble the tacos with the jackfruit, lettuce, capsicum and tomato, garnishing with guacamole, fresh coriander and the creamy sriracha sauce – and enjoy!
- 2 cans jackfruit (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeño (optional, finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 8 taco shells
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- 1 large capsicum (diced)
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- 1 handful of fresh coriander (roughly chopped)
- Guacamole (mash 1 avocado, juice of ½ lemon, salt & pepper)
Creamy Sriracha Sauce
Blend the below ingredients for a delicious taco sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 lemon, optional
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons sriracha chili sauce