Easy herb and garlic cashew cheese
- Soak cashews in water overnight for the smoothest texture (or in boiling water for ten minutes).
- Drain cashews and add to a food processor along with the flour, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon and salt. Blend until smooth
- Add herbs and blend just a little bit (otherwise you get green cheese!). Or, save the herbs to roll the cheese in at the end instead
- In a pot, mix agar with water
- Add the cashew mix and boil for two minutes, stirring throughout
- Pour into a lightly oiled dish and freeze for 30 mins
- Turn out and roll in herbs, then enjoy!
½ cup of cashews
1 ½ tsp tapioca flour2 cloves of minced garlic
2 tbsps. nutritional yeast
Juice and zest of one lemon
Pinch of salt
1 cup chopped parsley, rosemary or mixed dried herbs
1 ½ tsp agar powder
½ cup cold water