2022 a bleak start for horses in the racing industryJanuary 25th, 2022
Horse racing has managed to avoid much of the scrutiny that greyhound racing faced in 2021, but a string of recent incidents show that the horse racing industry isn’t without its faults either.
And a last minute shipment from Timaru rounded out a bumper year for the live export industry, which is showing few signs of slowing down despite a ban on the horizon.
- Who won New Zealand sport in 2021? – New Zealand Herald, 30 December 2021
- Impressive Hastings-trained winner’s racing career cut short – New Zealand Herald, 20 January 2022
- Champion jockey Danielle Johnson suffers broken leg, top horse Gold Watch put down after horror fall – Stuff, 1 January 2022
- German horse trainer won’t be prosecuted for punching horse at Tokyo Olympics – Newshub, 13 January 2022
- Livestock vessel set to load more than 10,000 cattle bound for China in Timaru – Stuff, 29 December 2021