Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flours, spices, and salt. Add oil and mix well. Add juice and ginger and stir until combined. Fold in the apples.
Heat muffin pan in oven until warm. Remove pan from oven and divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon. Bake until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- 2 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- 1⁄2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cloves
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp corn oil or canola or safflower, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 3⁄4 C unsweetened apple juice
- 1 1⁄2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 apples, diced
The latest Recipes
News and Stories,
to your inbox.
Sign up to our newsletter