Jennifer’s love cakes (vegan friands)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Whip aquafaba until firm peaks form. Add almond extract.
- Melt margarine. Let cool.
- Grease friand tin.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, icing sugar, almond meal and lemon zest in bowl. Add cooled margarine. Mix.
- Fold in whipped aquafaba. Keeping as many air bubbles as possible.
- Fill each friand mould until 3/4 full. Top with a few berries.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. They should be browned on the sides.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tins, then place on a cooling rack until cooled.
1.5 cups icing sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
100g margarine or vegan butter
Aquafaba from one tin of chickpeas
1/2 tsp almond extract
Zest of ½ lemon
Handful of berries