Hearty Adzuki Bean Soup
Bring vegetable broth to a boil. Add all remaining ingredients, except almonds and sesame oil, and simmer, covered, for about an hour, or until beans are very soft.
Puree with a handheld or regular blender. If needed, add more water to create your desired consistency. Season to taste.
Drizzle with sesame oil, garnish with some toasted, slivered almonds, and serve.
- 6 C vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 C dried adzuki beans, rinsed
- 1/2 C dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 5cm piece kombu
- 1/4 C toasted, slivered almonds, for garnish
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper, to taste
The latest Recipes
News and Stories,
to your inbox.
Sign up to our newsletter